- explicit notice
"it passed without remark"
- His remark hit home.
- That's a cheerful remark.
- Jim made a superfluous remark.
- His remark is open to misunderstanding.
- His remark does not do me justice.
- His remark got on my nerves.
- She was mortified by his frank remark.
- What was the implication of his remark?
- His remark made my recollect my schooldays.
- Your remark is irrelevant to our argument.
- Your remark amounts almost to insult.
- His remark put me out of countenance.
- The student made an irrelevant remark.
- This remark is not applicable to you.
- The remark was aimed at you.