- occurring or distributed over widely spaced and irregular intervals in time or space
- The wind scattered the leaves about.
- The peasant scattered the seeds of grain.
- With a scream the spectators scattered.
- Empty cans were scattered about the place.
- We scattered seeds all over the field.
- They were scattered in all directions.
- Newspapers lay scattered all over the floor.
- The sudden noise scattered the birds.
- Sheesh, you've even got cigarette butts scattered around.
- The farmer scattered the wheat seeds in the field.
- The wreckage is scattered over a large area.
- The father picks his socks scattered around the room.
- Broken glass lay scattered all over the road.
- The shards of thought were scattered on the ground.
- Fragments of the mirror were scattered on the floor.