- not plugged in or connected to a power source
"the iron is disconnected"
- Oh, I was disconnected.
- We were disconnected.
- I called Tom, but his number's been disconnected.
- Reputations are volatile. Loyalties are fickle. Management teams are increasingly disconnected from their staff.
- Trailer brake does not apply automatically when coupling disconnected.
- Where appropriate, transmission shafts may be disconnected (e.g. trucks).
- The probe must be disconnected from the exhaust system and the end plugged.
- .1 shall be emptied, permanently closed and disconnected from the electrical system; or
- If they cannot be disconnected, their power shall be measured and deducted from the result.
- nets, weights and similar gear shall be disconnected from their trawl boards and towing and hauling wires and ropes,
- A condition where the product is still plugged into the mains, but has been disconnected from an external power source.
- The product has been unplugged from the mains and therefore is disconnected from all external power sources.
- The device used for starting up the dynamometer is then disconnected: the rotational speed of the driven roller decreases.
- nets, weights and similar gear shall be disconnected from their trawl boards and towing and hauling wires and ropes;
- nets, weights and similar gears shall be disconnected from their trawl boards and towing and hauling wires and ropes,