- iets waarop men verlies lijdt; verliesgevend onderdeel
- an unfortunate happening that hinders or impedes; something that is thwarting or frustrating
- It's only a minor setback.
- This is a serious setback.
- Our negotiations to lower export taxes suffered a big setback.
- Automobile sales suffered a setback at the end of the financial year.
- While reaffirming its interest in a constructive dialogue with Belarus, the EU considers the fact that no independent, full and credible investigation of the crimes examined by the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe in its report adopted on 28 April 2004 (Pourgourides Report) has been carried out or even started to date, to be another serious setback for the rule of law in Belarus.