- the physical position of something
"he changed the setting on the thermostat"
- The sun is setting.
- I'm setting off tonight.
- The sun was setting.
- The sun is just setting.
- Look at the setting sun.
- He suggested setting off immediately.
- Mother is setting dinner ready.
- Setting a wolf to guard the sheep.
- The sun is setting below the horizon.
- Thank you for setting the record straight.
- Bad weather prevented me from setting out.
- Adjust the setting of the alarm clock.
- The setting sun flushed the high roof.
- PETA accused him of setting his mouse on fire.
- We are very cognizant of the precedent we are setting.