- extraneous signals that can be confused with the phenomenon to be observed or measured
"they got a bad connection and could hardly hear one another over the background signals"
- achtergrond, background
- a person's social heritage: previous experience or training
"he is a lawyer with a sports background"
- relatively unimportant or inconspicuous accompanying situation
"when the rain came he could hear the sound of thunder in the background"
- Let's check Tom's background.
- He gives a background.
- That shows his theoretical background.
- There's a very cosmopolitan background.
- There's a very sophisticated background.
- This has no relevance to my background.
- An office worker with a college background.
- He has a background in business.
- He is always in the background.
- The portrait had a dark background.
- Does your family background involve Chinese medicine?
- Remove the lower-most background layer.
- His background parallels that of his predecessor.
- Pay will be based on experience and educational background.
- The chameleon can take on the colors of its background.