- seinen geven
- communicate silently and non-verbally by signals or signs
"The diner signaled the waiters to bring the menu"
- any incitement to action
"he awaited the signal to start"
"the victory was a signal for wild celebration"
- any nonverbal action or gesture that encodes a message
"signals from the boat suddenly stopped"
- an electric quantity (voltage or current or field strength) whose modulation represents coded information about the source from which it comes
- notably out of the ordinary
"the year saw one signal triumph for the Labour party"
- The signal turned green.
- Catch a signal.
- The signal was red.
- This signal means "don't walk."
- There is a start signal.
- He didn't catch the signal.
- The traffic signal is green.
- It's a signal of danger.
- He responded to the signal I gave.
- The car's left-turn signal was broken.
- The signal turned from red to green.
- I'll raise my hand as a signal.
- He gave us the signal to begin.
- The green light is the "go" signal.
- They were watching for the signal to start.