take for granted
to take for granted
- veronderstellen, assumeren, onderstellen, postuleren, presumeren
take to be the case or to be true; accept without verification or proof
- Don't take anything for granted.
- We take oil for granted.
- Don't take me for granted.
- You shouldn't take those things for granted.
- We take air and water for granted.
- Nowadays, commuters take traffic jams for granted.
- We take our high standard of living for granted.
- I take it for granted that they will get married.
- Little children always question things we adults take for granted.
- I take for granted that my answer is correct.
- I take it for granted that people are honest.
- We take health for granted until illness intervenes.
- I take it for granted that he would come.
- I take it for granted that she will join us.
- We take the blessing of the sun for granted.