- a right or privilege that has been granted
- United States actor (born in England) who was the elegant leading man in many films (1904-1986)
- bestow, especially officially
"grant a degree"
"This bill grants us new rights"
- People blamed General Grant.
- Grant us peace!
- Grant was extremely popular.
- Grant took 14,000 prisoners.
- Grant attacked Vicksburg several times.
- Ulysses Grant was a hero.
- Positive feelings grant good health.
- Grant refused to accept defeat.
- President Grant had done nothing illegal.
- Grant was not an effective political leader.
- Grant was not worried about supplies.
- In fact, Grant did not agree.
- I got a grant for my tuition.
- The troops fought with Grant against the Confederates.
- I will grant that you are right on this point.