- acknowledge defeat
"The candidate conceded after enough votes had come in to show that he would lose"
- I concede the argument.
- The accountant would not concede the mistake.
- We concede your right to this property.
- We must concede that we committed an error.
- As regards Measure C, BNFL submits that, with the help of Rothschild, it checked that it did not concede more in the way of debt standstill than other significant creditors.
- The Belgian authorities consider, more particularly, that the communication of 12 August 2003 did not concede that the rescue and restructuring measures in support of IFB constituted State aid or therefore that the rescue measures could be regarded as non-notified State aid.