- be a forerunner of or occur earlier than
"This composition anticipates Impressionism"
- We anticipate success.
- Don't anticipate your income.
- I anticipate a good vacation.
- What results do you anticipate?
- I don't anticipate a problem.
- We don't anticipate that happening.
- Did I not anticipate this?
- We anticipate a heavy rainfall tomorrow.
- I anticipate that there will be trouble.
- We anticipate it with much pleasure.
- Did you anticipate this kind of success?
- I couldn't anticipate that that would happen.
- We all anticipate seeing you next weekend.
- I didn't anticipate that you would be here.
- We didn't anticipate their buying a new car.