- a warning that something unpleasant is imminent
"they were under threat of arrest"
- They're not a threat.
- What's the threat?
- Tom is no threat.
- Is that a threat?
- Unreason's no threat to reason: interest's the threat.
- The threat was inexorably close.
- This answer almost amounts to a threat.
- They feared a threat to democracy.
- The threat to Richmond was ended.
- Disease is a threat to human beings.
- I interpreted his remark as a threat.
- Your answer almost amounts to a threat.
- There is a threat of war.
- There is a threat of a storm.
- His request was tantamount to a threat.