- an individual instance of a type of symbol
"the word`error' contains three tokens of `r'"
- a metal or plastic disk that can be redeemed or used in designated slot machines
- something serving as a sign of something else
- This is a small token of my gratitude.
- He offered me some money in token of gratitude.
- He gave me this doll in token of his gratitude.
- He held up his hands in token of surrender.
- Here is a present for you in token of our appreciation.
- May I present this to you in token of my appreciation?
- He is guilty and by the same token so are you.
- On request, we will send you the programme for a token fee of €1 plus shipping.
- We'd like to give this to you as a token of our appreciation.
- On leaving school, we presented him with a table clock as a token of our thanks.
- Instead of giving the money, that is the normal coin of the realm, which is the phrase that everyone used then, they would give them a token, and this token might be metal, might be wood, might be cardboard.
- With the token they could only go to the company shop and buy food or clothing from that shop.
- Token meters
- Token-ring network
- whether a medal or a token falls within the prohibition of paragraph 1 of this Article.