putting clothes on to see whether they fit
- Keep on trying.
- She's trying on a coat.
- Tom is trying on shoes.
- Are you trying to hit on me?
- I am trying on this dress.
- I've been trying to cut down on caffeine.
- Tom has been trying to cut down on calories.
- He's trying to get on his boss's good side.
- I'm just trying to understand what's going on.
- That was her. She was trying to creep up on me unnoticed.
- She's so bossy - she's always trying to impose her will on others.
- The Fed is trying to stave off a run on the banks.
- I've been trying to get you on the phone all afternoon.
- Trying on the suit, Dima found it to be too big.
- That was her. She was trying to sneak up on me silently.