- in harmony with the spirit of particular persons or occasion
"We have come to dedicate a portion of that field...It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this"
- Tom is fitting in.
- Men's clothing is loose fitting.
- Tom has trouble fitting in.
- The fitting room over there is unoccupied.
- Follow me to a fitting room.
- The fitting room is being used now.
- You should avoid tight fitting clothes if you are pregnant.
- It's not fitting to preach among the ravens.
- It is not fitting for a teacher to overly favor certain pupils over others.
- Slender and form-fitting with a high cut, the new qipao contrasted sharply with the traditional one.
- What's more, from now on you must remember that you cannot go to the seaside again (by believing this forever, I have already found the biggest, best and most fitting one for me).
- The store that I always go to has Calbee potato chips on sale for 98 yen a bag. My favorite flavor is lightly salted. As a matter of fact, the ingredients for this particular flavor changes from time to time. Today's chips are chemical-free, made with natural salt. Fitting for someone like me.
- Fitting for
- Fitting out of premises