- elk lichaam dat iets kan bevatten
- an object used as a container (especially for liquids)
- Please, urinate in this vessel!
- A blood vessel burst inside his brain.
- The nurse hit a blood vessel.
- The vessel was loaded with coal, lumber, and so on.
- A child is not a vessel for filling, but a fire to light.
- A cargo vessel, bound for Athens, sank in the Mediterranean without a trace.
- Do not look upon the vessel but upon that which it contains.
- The greatest wisdom has no shape; the greatest vessel is the latest to be completed; the greatest music has the most tenuous notes.
- Extra special treatment is imperative to get the vessel through government red tape, so that she can leave port on time.
- The world is a sacred vessel that cannot be acted on. Whoever acts on it will ruin it; whoever holds on to it will lose it.
- But when we say a vessel can sail against the wind, we do not mean that she can proceed on a course directly opposite to the point from which the wind blows.
- Methinks I am like a man, who having struck on many shoals, and having narrowly escap'd shipwreck in passing a small frith, has yet the temerity to put out to sea in the same leaky weather-beaten vessel, and even carries his ambition so far as to think of compassing the globe under these disadvantageous circumstances.
- vessel-to-vessel service