- any object that can be used to hold things (especially a large metal boxlike object of standardized dimensions that can be loaded from one form of transport to another)
- The container is empty.
- The container is full.
- This container is completely watertight.
- The tools are in the container.
- He emptied the container of its contents.
- Don't touch the container with the forbidden flies.
- This food will keep for a week in an airtight container.
- The liquid flow submits the container to what we call tangential stress.
- Divers or frog people have an air container on their backs.
- Tom bought a bucket of extra-spicy fried chicken and a container of coleslaw.
- The container ship kept station outside the harbor until the pilot boat arrived.
- To prevent fire or shock hazard, do not place a container filled with liquids on top of the console.
- The container may be the best in Japan, but if the contents are third class, then isn't it completely meaningless?