- ver voortgeschreden; ver in ontwikkeling
- farther along in physical or mental development
"the child's skeletal age was classified as `advanced'"
"children in the advanced classes in elementary school read far above grade average"
- at a higher level in training or knowledge or skill
"an advanced degree"
"an advanced text in physics"
- (of societies) highly developed especially in technology or industry
"an advanced country technologically"
- comparatively late in a course of development
"the illness had reached an advanced stage"
"an advanced state of exhaustion"
- He advanced to colonel.
- The country's civilization has advanced.
- He advanced on me fiercely.
- Their equipment is extremely advanced.
- Your reading is very advanced.
- They advanced the wedding date.
- We advanced to the finals.
- The country advanced in civilization.
- They advanced on the town.
- The night was far advanced.
- The troops advanced twenty miles.
- They advanced on the enemy.
- He advanced a new plan.
- They advanced to the river.
- He was advanced to a managerial post.