- at the highest point of development especially in judgment or knowledge
"a ripe mind"
- fully prepared or eager
"the colonists were ripe for revolution"
- The apples are ripe.
- Soon ripe, soon rotten.
- Are these bananas ripe?
- These grapes are ripe.
- These plums are ripe.
- Ripe papaya smells like vomit.
- The apple is not yet ripe.
- The apples are not quite ripe.
- The recipe calls for four ripe tomatoes.
- Cherries are ripe in June or July.
- We have collected only ripe fruit.
- We've only picked off ripe fruit.
- The apples will be ripe soon.
- The time is ripe for action.
- He lived to a ripe old age.