a declaration that is made emphatically (as if no supporting evidence were necessary)
- het bevestigen of beamen van iets.
the act of affirming or asserting or stating something
- An assertion isn't a proof.
- Nobody will believe his assertion that he is innocent.
- It is important to note that his assertion is groundless.
- The truth value of an assertion may be a probability value.
- Negating the assertion requires a negative augend, but all augends are products of factors on the unit interval.
- What should we deduce from Aristotle's assertion that women have fewer teeth than men: that he had small knowledge of women or that he couldn't count?
- ASSERTION OF RIGHTS
- The Commission rejects this assertion.
- The Commission cannot accept this assertion.
- It therefore rejects the complainant's first assertion.
- The French authorities have not backed up their assertion with specific evidence.
- To support this assertion, the Dutch authorities distinguish between two parts in the pre-investments.
- In support of this assertion, the Czech authorities have put forward several elements, including the following.
- HSY has submitted a report of a consultant — the first Deloitte report — which supports this assertion.
- However, this assertion has been substantiated only for certain parts of the training programme.