- become rosy or reddish
"her cheeks blushed in the cold winter air"
- You're making me blush.
- I blush for you.
- Stop. You're making me blush.
- I blush for your mistake.
- A letter does not blush.
- I blush to think of such conduct.
- Stop it. You're making me blush.
- A blush came over her face.
- I blush to think of what a fool I was then.
- Some of the college students who are caught cheating on the exams do not even blush.
- Thou know’st the mask of night is on my face, else would a maiden blush bepaint my cheek.