- change the order or arrangement of
- a regular journey of some distance to and from your place of work
"there is standing room only on the high-speed commute"
- I commute to work for an hour.
- Do you commute to school by bus?
- I have to commute all the way from a distant suburb.
- The new highway shaves almost an hour off my commute time.
- Say that work is 8 hours, it feels like the three hour commute time is also work but you don't get any money for it. What a waste.
- To be closer to work/easier to commute.
- Looking for work or made redundant. To be closer to work/easier to commute.
- Employment-related reasons: start new job or transfer of existing job. Looking for work or made redundant. To be closer to work/easier to commute. Retirement.
- Given this, it is appropriate to commute the transitional period for Liechtenstein of non-application of Protocol 3 to the Agreement into a lasting arrangement and to exempt Liechtenstein from the provisions of Protocol 3.