- centrale voor telefoonverkeer; telefooncentrale
- a workplace that serves as a telecommunications facility where lines from telephones can be connected together to permit communication
- (chess) the capture by both players (usually on consecutive moves) of pieces of equal value
"the endgame began after the exchange of queens"
- a mutual expression of views (especially an unpleasant one)
"they had a bitter exchange"
- (chess) gaining (or losing) a rook in return for a knight or bishop
"black lost the exchange"
- I accept the exchange.
- What's today's exchange rate?
- She's a foreign exchange student.
- He's a foreign exchange student.
- Please exchange yen for dollars.
- They decided to exchange prisoners.
- Where did you exchange them?
- What is the exchange rate?
- I exchange letters with her.
- Are you an exchange student?
- Where can I exchange money?
- Can I exchange this with something else?
- Can you exchange it for another one?
- I need to exchange dollars for pesos.
- Will you exchange seats with me?