- wat in de vorm van regen, sneeuw of hagel uit de lucht valt
- the falling to earth of any form of water (rain or snow or hail or sleet or mist)
- vernietiging; ondergang; het verloren gaan
- a sudden decline in strength or number or importance
- The downfall is inevitable.
- Drink brought about his downfall.
- His arrogance led to his downfall.
- His love for indigenous Mexican art became his downfall.
- When he was at the acme of his career, a scandal brought about his downfall.
- The Commission notes that a judgment of the commercial division of the Court of Cassation, in which that court states that it would be prepared to grant an action in damages against a dominant company the wrongful conduct of which led to the downfall of the subsidiary, and as a result, collective redundancies, is to the same effect as the Aspocomp case-law.
- Therefore, it is desirable that the simplified prospectus contain, in a concise form, an appropriate description of the outcomes sought for the investment, information on any third-party guarantees which protect investors, for example against a downfall or on a minimum level of increase of the value of their investment and information on index-tracking objectives.