- I dreaded his reply to my letter.
- He dreaded having to spend Christmas in the hospital.
- Tom dreaded having to spend another weekend with Mary.
- He dreaded having to spend Christmas in hospital.
- She dreaded having to tell him what had happened.
- There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.