- very unpleasant
- They're dreadful.
- I have dreadful news.
- Tom looks dreadful.
- It was dreadful weather.
- It was dreadful.
- This is dreadful.
- The storm weather was dreadful.
- A dreadful accident happened on the corner.
- I had a dreadful dream last night.
- Something dreadful has happened to Miss Davidson.
- The consequences of Sendai's earthquake were dreadful!
- I've never heard anything more dreadful.
- The yacht was at the mercy of the dreadful storm.
- He prophesied that a dreadful calamity would happen.
- It is dreadful that a nuclear crisis has hit Japan.