- the act of copying or making a duplicate (or duplicates) of something
"this kind of duplication is wasteful"
- Edison invented a device for duplication.
- Duplication of equipment
- Avoidance of duplication of procedures
- Duplication of research clearly exists.
- AVOIDANCE OF DUPLICATION AND ALTERNATIVE APPROACHES
- in order to avoid a duplication of the assessment;
- Both items have been combined to avoid duplication.
- Avoidance of unjustified duplication of procedures where appropriate.
- Moreover, Norlong’s offer would imply a duplication of efforts of the Commission’s control and monitoring system.
- The Commission and the ECDC will ensure that no duplication of activities will occur.
- the notified product has not already been notified (to avoid any unnecessary duplication),
- the consistency and the possible duplication with other RTD programmes at Community and national level;
- Innovative nature, technical complementarity and avoidance of duplication of other existing actions at EU level
- It is also necessary to take measures limiting duplication of other tests.
- This does not require duplication of the steering wheel or steering lever.