- written formally in a large clear script, as a deed or other legal document
- I am engrossed in sailing.
- She was engrossed in her work.
- Takeo is engrossed in solving mathematical problems.
- He was completely engrossed in the book.
- We know how completely engrossed children become in games.
- The boy was engrossed in constructing a model plane.
- No one knew what the alarm signaled when it sounded that afternoon, but, with the exception of those few unlucky enough to have been so engrossed in their work as to not notice it, everyone made it out of the building alive.