- a kind of literary or artistic work
- This story belongs clearly to no genre.
- My favourite genre of music is pop.
- This singer's genre of music is electronic.
- Contemporary genre studies cover a range of disciplines and approaches.
- Here genre is meant as a means of social action.
- One can never be too young or too old to enjoy a certain genre of music.
- The concept has proved particularly useful in studying the specific features of genre variation.
- I think style or genre are less important factors in making us like music than the individual artists skills in arrangement and playing of the instrument.
- As an example, they stress in particular that fewer and fewer video games have had a historical context (Versailles, Pompei, Egypt) since the production studio specialising in this genre, Cryo Interactive, closed down.
- The Commission found that the relevant product market for recorded music (including A&R and the promotion, sales and marketing of recorded music) might be subdivided into distinct product markets based on genre (such as international pop, local pop, classical music) or for compilations.