- marked by meekness or modesty; not arrogant or prideful
"a humble apology"
"essentially humble...and self-effacing, he achieved the highest formal honors and distinctions"
- I'm humble.
- You're too humble.
- Tom is humble.
- This man is very humble.
- He is humble towards everyone.
- Please accept my humble apologies.
- Defeat and failure make people too humble.
- This is but a humble downtown store.
- I am just a humble teacher.
- He is humble about his opinion.
- No matter how humble it may be, home is home.
- The axe does not go to a humble neck.
- His face was pale and his clothing humble.
- The humble man is getting along with his neighbors.
- He's quite humble man in spite of all he's achieved.