- break up into small pieces for food preparation
"bruise the berries with a wooden spoon and strain them"
- damage (plant tissue) by abrasion or pressure
"The customer bruised the strawberries by squeezing them"
- beschadiging aan gewrichten
- an injury that doesn't break the skin but results in some discoloration
- I have a bruise.
- Where did you bruise them?
- Tom has a huge bruise on his right leg.
- Tom has a bruise on his right leg.
- Tom has a black bruise on his right leg.
- I fell down really hard and got a black bruise on my knee.
- My whole body was one big bruise after the rugby game.