- verklaring; wijze waarop iets wordt ingevuld; visie op een gebeurtenis of tekst; denkwijze; opvatting v.e. tekst of gebeurtenis
- an explanation of something that is not immediately obvious
"the edict was subject to many interpretations"
- an explanation that results from interpreting something
"the report included his interpretation of the forensic evidence"
- It's open to interpretation.
- That's one interpretation.
- It is subject to interpretation.
- His remarks allow of no other interpretation.
- The irreligious scoffed at the bishop's interpretation.
- The passage admits of no other interpretation.
- The question permits of only one interpretation.
- I agree with your interpretation to a large extent.
- His interpretation of this matter is too one-sided.
- There is only one interpretation possible for this sentence.
- The interpretation of this data, however, is very much in dispute.
- My pastor and I don't see eye to eye on the question of the literal interpretation of the bible.
- In our interpretation, the output data in Table 2 is an acceptable variation of that in Table 1.
- Puns were found in ancient Egypt, where they were heavily used in development of myths and interpretation of dreams.
- The government is currently broadening the interpretation of article 9 of the Constitution by wearying it down little by little.