- (of a ship or plane) sideways drift
- But some of the leeway will be made good by overachieving targets in other areas.
- This suggests that the new entity would have little leeway to increase prices unilaterally or otherwise impede competition.
- A number of measures are running below the targets set in the plan. But some of the leeway will be made good by overachieving targets in other areas.
- However, the findings of the investigation as set out in recitals 22 to 32 did not give any leeway in this regard.
- in previous years of favourable cyclical conditions, Germany had not created enough budgetary leeway to accommodate the extended slow growth period between 2002 and 2005 with average real GDP growth at 0,5 % per year.
- As the Panel indicated, in approaching the question of benefit in the case of the government provision of equity capital and in applying the guidelines contained in Article 14 of the SCM Agreement, an investigating authority is entitled to considerable leeway .
- As the Panel observed, the question of benefit, at least in the case of a government guarantee, can be examined from more than one angle , and in applying the guidelines contained in Article 14 of the SCM Agreement, an investigating authority is entitled to considerable leeway .
- On the contrary, a market pioneer must actually be allowed greater leeway in setting terms and conditions than is the case with established benchmarks that determine the relevant market corridor on the basis of which the market test is to be carried out.
- The Panel observed that there may be circumstances in which there is an absence of any comparable benchmark, and that the investigating authority was and is entitled to considerable leeway in adopting a reasonable approach to calculating the amount of the benefit to Hynix .
- The Commission deemed the Italian authorities replies insufficient as they did not rule out the possibility of applications for aid being repeatedly submitted by different service stations belonging to the same large enterprise(s), and they furthermore failed to provide evidence that the contractual relationship  was such as to bind the dealer (operating the service stations) to the supplier without leaving him any leeway.