live it up
- Let's live it up!
- It is very hard to live up to your reputation.
- It is hard to live up to your convictions.
- It was clear that the lazy student would never live up to his family's expectations.
- It is always difficult for a son to live up to the expectations of his parents.
- How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.
- He came on board this company with a lot of fanfare and he turns out to have the skill and talent to live up to it.
- A new bar has opened up near where I live. It's called "Wählbar", a German word. Funnily enough however, the staff can't pronounce it.
- I think a god's name has got to be out. From the moment the kid's named you know he's not going to be able to live up to it!
- The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
- Commission Decision 93/342/EEC of 12 May 1993 laying down the criteria for classifying third countries with regard to avian influenza and Newcastle disease in relation to imports of live poultry and hatching eggs , Commission Decision 2000/585/EC of 7 September 2000 drawing up a list of third countries from which Member States authorise imports of rabbit meat and certain wild and farmed game meat, and laying down the animal and public health and the veterinary certification conditions for such imports  and Commission Decision 2003/812/EC of 17 November 2003 drawing up lists of third countries from which Member States are to authorise imports of certain products for human consumption subject to Council Directive 92/118/EEC  lay down certain conditions concerning a number of the commodities concerned. In the interests of clarity of Community legislation, it is appropriate that the relevant conditions be included in this Decision.