- mechanism consisting of a device that works on mechanical principles
- bumper guard
- electromechanical device
- gear lever
- supply chamber
- voting machine
- windscreen wiper
- Description of mechanical coupling device or component
- The removable mechanical transmission device must be marked accordingly.
- This definition does not preclude a non-mechanical device.
- With mechanical display only or with a device to which a mechanical display can be incorporated
- The secondary locking device may be designed to work in conjunction with the primary device and provide an additional positive mechanical lock for the primary device.
- the device shall provide the tensioning force required for the coupling only by mechanical means;
- The mechanical indicators fitted directly to the coupling device shall be retained.
- of a type of mechanical coupling device or component pursuant to Regulation No 55
- Trade name or mark of the mechanical coupling device or component and the approval number:
- The mechanical indication device shall indicate the engagement of both locking devices (an AND condition).
- APPLICATION FOR APPROVAL OF A VEHICLE FITTED WITH A MECHANICAL COUPLING DEVICE OR COMPONENT
- a ‘locked door’ is a door held closed by a mechanical door locking device
- MODIFICATIONS OF THE MECHANICAL COUPLING DEVICE OR COMPONENT, OR OF THE VEHICLE AND EXTENSION OF APPROVAL
- Electrically operated watch movements, complete and assembled, with mechanical display only or with a device to which a mechanical display can be incorporated
- The closed and locked position of the coupling shall be clearly indicated externally by a mechanical device.