- an unfortunate state resulting from unfavorable outcomes
- He is misfortune.
- Misfortune never come single.
- A misfortune befell him.
- His misfortune gained him sympathy.
- She is dogged by misfortune.
- Good luck alternates with misfortune.
- Turn your misfortune to account.
- Misfortune and misery threaten you.
- An misfortune never comes alone.
- She had to smile at her misfortune.
- Tom took advantage of Mary's misfortune.
- They grieved over their friend's misfortune.
- Never take advantage of another's misfortune.
- Sudden misfortune deprived her of her reason.
- The misfortune deprived her of her reason.