- a change or alteration in form or qualities
- (genetics) any event that changes genetic structure; any alteration in the inherited nucleic acid sequence of the genotype of an organism
- Without the random mutation of genes there would be no evolution.
- There aren't reports on this mutation because such a mutant wouldn't even born.
- Cancer, mutation, reproductive toxicity
- bacterial reverse mutation tests.
- Spontaneous mutation frequencies
- Mutation Res., p. 88343-350.
- rodent dominant lethal mutation test;
- Mutation Res., 120, p. 241-247.
- in vitro mammalian cell gene mutation test;
- Mutation Res., 291, p. 21-27.
- In vitro gene mutation study in bacteria
- Burn, scald; neurological disorders; eye injury; skin cancer, mutation
- Although it appears that several mechanisms may be responsible for mutation from the LPAI to the HPAI virus, the factors that bring about this mutation are not known.
- If a mutation is promoting survival in the environment, the mutant strain can become dominant;
- Therefore, it is impossible to predict if and when such mutation will occur.