- a rule or law concerning a natural phenomenon or the function of a complex system
"the principle of the conservation of mass"
"the principle of jet propulsion"
- He stuck to his principle.
- What is principle of equidistance?
- Carelessness is his principle feature.
- He figured out a principle.
- In principle, I'm with you.
- Everyone will accept that idea in principle.
- That doesn't accord with my principle.
- I agree to the proposal in principle.
- Years ago this principle was widely recognized.
- Camel, constable, unstable, Principle, disciple, label.
- Tom agreed with Mary in principle.
- What is the principle reason for going to school?
- This new state could in principle be any microscopic state.
- Would you agree to the plan in principle?
- Esperanto speakers are in principle still at least bilingual.