- dispose of (something no longer useful or needed)
"She finally retired that old coat"
- cause to get out
"The pitcher retired three batters"
- withdraw from circulation or from the market, as of bills, shares, and bonds
- I want to retire.
- Tom can't retire.
- Tom wants to retire.
- I've decided to retire.
- Tom won't retire.
- You can't retire yet.
- I never want to retire.
- We retire at eleven o'clock.
- I have decided to retire.
- She announced her intention to retire.
- Public opinion obliged him to retire.
- I retire in four years time.
- I wanted to retire three years ago.
- Retire a batter on his third strike.
- My father is going to retire soon.