- a departure; especially of airplanes
- the initial ascent of an airplane as it becomes airborne
- The jet roared during takeoff.
- You are cleared for takeoff.
- The airplane is ready for takeoff.
- Most airplane accidents allegedly occur at landing or takeoff stages.
- Please fasten your seat belt during takeoff and landing.
- The airplane used a rocket motor to assist with takeoff.
- Please secure your seat belt during takeoff and landing.
- As is being said, most airplane accidents occur at landing or takeoff stages.
- They say most airplane accidents occur at landing or takeoff stages.
- They said they'd make the boarding announcement 20 minutes before takeoff.
- The loading density should be relatively high to preclude injury on takeoff or landing or in the event of turbulence, although all animals must still be able to lie down.