- dig a trench or trenches
"The National Guardsmen were sent out to trench"
- cut or carve deeply into
"letters trenched into the stone"
- fortify by surrounding with trenches
"He trenched his military camp"
- set, plant, or bury in a trench
"trench the fallen soldiers"
"trench the vegetables"
- Trench warfare characterized the 1914-1918 War.
- Both Tom and Mary were wearing trench coats.
- After we finish digging the trench, planting the flowers will be easy.
- Trench sheeting work
- Trench-digging work
- Trench defences construction work
- earth moving: excavation, landfill, levelling and grading of construction sites, trench digging, rock removal, blasting, etc.