- angular distance below the horizon (especially of a celestial object)
- a period during the 1930s when there was a worldwide economic depression and mass unemployment
- a state of depression and anhedonia so severe as to require clinical intervention
- She's in a depression.
- Merchants complain about the depression.
- He was in a mood of depression.
- I suffer from depression during the wintertime.
- The economy is in a slight depression.
- The economist anticipated a prolonged depression.
- Mary is showing signs of severe depression.
- The Japanese economy is in depression.
- I suffer from depression during the winter.
- The economist instinctively anticipated the current depression.
- She is apt to fits of depression.
- I've been worrying myself into depression.
- The Japanese government will take measures to counter depression.
- Business is finally looking up after a long depression.
- She sometimes goes into a mood of depression.