- an impressionistic portrayal of a person
"he did a funny impression of a politician"
- the act of pressing one thing on or into the surface of another
"he watched the impression of the seal on the hot wax"
- (dentistry) an imprint of the teeth and gums in wax or plaster
"the dentist took an impression for use in preparing an inlay"
- What's your impression, doctor?
- It's an unforgettable impression.
- Tom made a poor impression.
- What's your impression of China?
- He made a vivid impression.
- He makes a bad impression.
- That made a profound impression on me.
- That will give you a vivid impression.
- My impression of America is very good.
- What impression do you have of China?
- What's your impression of that person like?
- Give me your impression of this book.
- What is your impression of America?
- What was your first impression of London?
- She got a false impression of him.