- It's the trend that counts.
- The trend is your friend.
- Prices are on the upward trend.
- I'm worried about the global warming trend.
- This has been the trend for the past twenty years.
- The trend of public opinion is against corporal punishment.
- There's a trend these days towards small families.
- Financial experts don't know what to make of this trend.
- The XYZ Almanacs from 1950 to 1970 were studied to discover the trend.
- The trend towards late marriage is going to increase more and more.
- The question here is one of creating the framework with which we can outline the social trend.
- The job-seeking season is starting earlier each year and it's the mass media that are causing that trend by moving up their job interview schedule.
- Now it is true that I believe this country is following a dangerous trend when it permits too great a degree of centralization of governmental functions. I oppose this — in some instances the fight is a rather desperate one. But to attain any success it is quite clear that the Federal government cannot avoid or escape responsibilities which the mass of the people firmly believe should be undertaken by it. The political processes of our country are such that if a rule of reason is not applied in this effort, we will lose everything — even to a possible and drastic change in the Constitution. This is what I mean by my constant insistence upon "moderation" in government.