- the customary manner in which a language (or a form of a language) is spoken or written
"a usage borrowed from French"
- There are differences in usage.
- This car must have had tough usage.
- Unfortunately, the usage of MacBooks is very limited in Turkey.
- This is a book on modern English usage.
- He has an eye for good English usage.
- A few Roman words crept into British usage.
- This dictionary puts a special emphasis on usage.
- The distinction in usage between the two words is clear.
- Throughout the Scriptures, we find this usage of the number forty.
- The proliferation of Internet usage has given birth to a new generation of young people.
- The Ministry of Education increased the proportion of indigenous language usage in the schools.
- The staff is obliged to organize turns for the usage of the equipment.
- To cite usage against rule, in a constructed language, is insane.
- Mr Jones is very sensitive to the nuances of English and American usage.
- Grammar and usage are the sine qua non of language teaching and learning.