- van een zeker ogenblik af gaan plaats hebben
- take the first step or steps in carrying out an action
- be the first item or point, constitute the beginning or start, come first in a series
"The number `one' begins the sequence"
"A terrible murder begins the novel"
- achieve or accomplish in the least degree, usually used in the negative
"This economic measure doesn't even begin to deal with the problem of inflation"
"You cannot even begin to understand the problem we had to deal with during the war"
- have a beginning, of a temporal event
"The company's Asia tour begins next month"
- begin to speak, understand, read, and write a language
- begin to speak or say
- Israeli statesman (born in Russia) who (as prime minister of Israel) negotiated a peace treaty with Anwar Sadat (then the president of Egypt) (1913-1992)
- Let's begin.
- Let's begin!
- It's time to begin.
- Let's begin again.
- Let the fun begin!
- We'll begin immediately.
- Let us begin, then.
- Shall we begin now?
- Can I begin?
- We'll begin work soon.
- Shall we begin?
- Let the tricks begin!
- Let the concert begin!
- Let's just begin.