- restrain or discourage
"the sudden bad news damped the joyous atmosphere"
- The sheets feel damp.
- The air is damp.
- This damp match won't light.
- The washing is still damp wet.
- The damp weather affects his health.
- Clean the window with a damp cloth.
- It is damp and cold today, isn't it?
- A damp, cold day affects a person's health.
- The weather was not only cold, it was also damp.
- Cold, damp days are bad for your health.
- Don't put that damp towel into the bag.
- The sun and a damp climate made the tropical rainforest.
- She used a damp rag to wipe off the dust.
- Old homes, especially traditional Japanese ones, can be damp and unfriendly to modern life.
- Could I get one of those small damp towels for wiping my hands?