- versterkte bouwwerken ter verdediging; verdedigingswerk
- a structure used to defend against attack
"the artillery battered down the defenses"
- (military) military action or resources protecting a country against potential enemies
"they died in the defense of Stalingrad"
"they were developed for the defense program"
- (psychiatry) an unconscious process that tries to reduce the anxiety associated with instinctive desires
- Their defense came apart.
- The defense rests.
- The defense appealed the verdict.
- Defense lawyers appealed for mercy.
- He trusted his defense attorney.
- The defense rests, your honor.
- Don't rush to my defense.
- You should learn self-defense.
- They fought in defense of their country.
- He did not want such a defense.
- I killed Tom in self-defense.
- Attack is the best form of defense.
- The most effective defense is offense.
- Karate is an art of unarmed defense.
- She allegedly killed him in self defense.