- remove from a contest or race
"The cyclist has eliminated all the competitors in the race"
- remove (an unknown variable) from two or more equations
- We tried to eliminate all danger beforehand.
- Does a uniform eliminate class difference?
- Many countries have signed a treaty to eliminate nuclear weapons.
- The government should take targeted measures to eliminate unemployment.
- It is important to eliminate the social unrest.
- After the operation I was happy, since I managed to eliminate the cancer.
- We can eliminate C and D since they are irrelevant to the generation of the arcs.
- The sports world should, at this time, eliminate the collusion with criminal organizations.
- The Clinton camp became desperate to eliminate the white votes Obama had got in both states.
- If mankind doesn't take care of the environment, the environment may eliminate mankind.
- Bullying is a serious problem, but we have to understand that setting out to eliminate it entirely isn't a realistic proposition.
- Boeing's safety experts have joined others in the industry to form an international task force to try to eliminate one particular kind of air crash known as controlled flight into terrain, CFIT.
- Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things. Among them are H. L. Hunt (you possibly know his background), a few other Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or business man from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid.
- NEED TO ELIMINATE THE AID
- Eliminate the ethanol as described under 5.1.