- overtroeven, overklassen
- be or do something to a greater degree
"This exceeds all my expectations"
- Don't exceed the speed limit.
- His expenses exceed his income by far.
- Benefits of course should exceed the costs.
- My wrath shall far exceed the love I ever bore.
- The revenues for the first month of 2011 exceed 1 000 000 yen.
- The length of the article is not to exceed 1000 words.
- A lot of people exceed the speed limit so it must be acceptable.
- It must also be assured that the punishment does not exceed the crime.
- The damages are estimated not to exceed a million yen at the worst.
- At the same period, in Queen Elizabeth's reign, the population of England did not exceed five millions and a half.
- According to AMeDAS, the amount of precipitation in the village has exceed 1,200 mm in three days.
- By the end of the year, the number of people who have stayed in hotels in our city will exceed one million.
- If your ability to accomplish a job does not exceed the peak (hump), on the difficulty scale for one job (project), then no matter how long you wait it will not be solved.
- There is no sin, and there can be no sin on all the earth, which the Lord will not forgive to the truly repentant! Man cannot commit a sin so great as to exhaust the infinite love of God. Can there be a sin which could exceed the love of God?
- Exceed the maximum occurrence